Thu, Aug 24|
Brooklyn Pride Center - Crown Heights
Nude Figure Drawing
Brooklyn Community Pride Center is hosting a monthly LGBTQ+ Nude Figure Drawing workshop on the fourth Thursday of the month, generously facilitated by Charrow of Sketchy Queers (IG: @sketchyqueersdraw).
Time & Location
Aug 24, 5:45 PM – 7:45 PM
Brooklyn Pride Center - Crown Heights, 1561 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USA
About the event
Charrow is asking participants for a voluntary donation between $15 - $30. This is to pay the model, and to cover the cost of materials, however, no-one is turned away for lack of funds! Please email email@example.com to request accommodations.
Registration for this event via Eventbrite is required.
Please find more information for participants as well as for those interested in modeling below.
More info for participants:
- This is a figure drawing event for and by the LGBTQ community.
- It is traditional figure drawing, aka nude, and most of the models are untrained.
- This event is casual and respectful.
- There are a variety of poses from 30 seconds to 20 minutes.
- One model and a range of poses.
- Limited art supplies are provided.
- Some tips will be shared on drawing the human form
- People are encouraged to share their art on social media with the permission of the models.
- There is no photography of the models permitted.
- Bring your own drinks/ snacks.
Are you interested in being a model for one of the workshops, please reach out to Charrow at firstname.lastname@example.org after reviewing the information below.
More info for interested models:
- You do not need previous experience modeling.
- It's nude modeling.
- Drawings might be used to promote the event on social media including instagram and Facebook.
- Sheets, blankets, and chairs are provided.
- It's recommended you bring a robe.
- There are breaks between short and long poses.
- The amount of money you take home is determined by the number of attendees and how much they donate.
- Feel free to bring props!
- Pose break down: 30 second poses (10), 1 minute poses (5), 5 minute poses (2), 15 minute poses (2), 20 minute poses (2)
- We strongly encourage all gender identities and bodies to model. We love your body!
For more information, please contact Charrow at email@example.com.