Thu, Sep 29|
BCPC - Bed-Stuy
Intergenerational Fitness Boxing
Non-contact fitness Boxing is great exercise for any age -- including seniors.
Time & Location
Sep 29, 2022, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
BCPC - Bed-Stuy, 1360 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11216, USA
About the event
According to the “Harvard Health Letter,” fitness boxing for older adults:
- Improves balance and posture
- Strengthens the upper body and core
- Boosts endurance
- Enhances alertness and mood
- Improves hand-eye coordination
Join us for weekly non-contact boxing classes, facilitated by Rev. Howard B Major III. Class plan:
- Warm-up with stretching and aerobics
- Basic punches, footwork, and defensive moves
- Combining punches and moves into sequences; interspersed with cardio, core exercises
- Cool down exercises and stretching
- Simple self-defense strategies
This class does not require full mobility or agility. Participants may remain seated, and substitutions will be offered for all exercises to accommodate individual needs. No special equipment is required.
More info on Rev. Howard B Major III
Rev. Howard B Major III is a 72 LGBTQ+ man and a semi-retired pastor with a 30-year passion for boxing. He has trained and boxed intensively, fighting in three sanctioned master’s competitions. Rev. Howard B Major is a certified boxing trainer and works with the boxing program for people with Parkinson’s disease at Gleason’s Boxing Gym in DUMBO. He has received numerous benefits from boxing and gets great satisfaction sharing them with other seniors.
For more information you can contact Rev. Howard B Major at (917) 847-3936 or email@example.com.